2021/08/27

[Trans] +act (2021.09) - Nakamaru & Yamada (Final part)

NAKAMARU'S ROOM

 2nd issue 

  

A stage play by himself, commentator, YouTube...
Nakamaru Yuichi is having a lot of different activities.
Nakamaru will invite other artists from Johnny's & Associates
and with his particular point of view, he will dig into the true character of his guests in this new serialization.
 
 

 Guest  Yamada Ryosuke-san (Hey! Say! JUMP)

[Final part]

 

 

Nakamaru: I think the job of an idol is very wide, but have you ever thought "I'm happy to have this job" after doing any particular job?

Yamada: The job I enjoy the most is acting. I met many different people and people who have many different lives and then a team is formed with people I just met, right? I think there's some kind of freshness every time we do something new. 

Nakamaru: That's true. In 2 or 3 months, a lot of people spend much time and work a lot to complete the drama. That's something amazing, isn't it?

Yamada: It really is.

Nakamaru: What about the jobs you have had lately? Like something that will premiere soon?

Yamada: I've got two things. In October the movie Baragaki: Unbroken Samurai starring Okada (Junichi)-san will premiere.

Nakamaru: Ah! Yes, that movie looks really interesting.

Yamada: The shooting finished around 2 years ago and its premiere has been postponed again and again. And the other thing is Daikaijyu no Atoshimatsu that I filmed a few months before our YouTube's Janino Channel started.

Nakamaru: What kind of movie is that one?

Yamada: It's a comedy directed by Miki Satoshi. It's about who will be in charge of the disposal of a big monster like Godzilla or Ultraman after it's been defeated.

Nakamaru: Hahaha! I see. That's very funny (laugh). Just with that explanation looks really funny.

Yamada: It's the story of the team in charge of the disposal. It's the first time I've worked with Odagiri Joe-san, Tsuchiya Tao-san and Nishida Toshiyuki-san and many other people. The shooting of this movie started last year's winter and the state of emergency started right after that. And after one year, the filming resumed at the beginning of this year. After so many problems, I'm happy that it will finally be premiered.

Nakamaru: I also worked with the director Miki in Henshin Interviewer no Yuutsu (2013). Miki-san doesn't allow you to change not even one word of the script, right?

Yamada: Yes.

Nakamaru: He makes it very difficult! (Laugh)

Yamada: Yes (laugh). It was my first time working like that. I'm the type of actor that ad-libs when I feel like it and I change some words when I think it would be good. But with Miki-san, doing that... It's not allowed, right? (Laugh)

Nakamaru: It isn't (laugh). Were you too busy with the shooting?

Yamada: I took many naps (laugh). Because of the plot there's a lot of CG used. It was a film in which in 1 hour we only shot 1 take. But I knew from the start that it would be a tough filming and I think waiting is part of this job so I was okay with it. Since Miki-san wants to film the scenes exactly as he has pictured them in his head, I didn't really know how to adapt to that so it was hard.

Nakamaru: What's hard about working with Miki-san is knowing what he is thinking (bitter smile). After all it's really hard not changing not even one word of the script.

Yamada: Was it especially hard for you?

Nakamaru: It was (bitter smile). No, but when I worked with him I realized that I tend to use fillers when I speak. Like ending sentences with a "right?" I couldn't do that.

Yamada: It made you think of those things. You discovered something new. Nevertheless, I've got an anecdote about Miki-san that made me think how cool he is. When some actor told Miki-san he wanted ad-lib something, Miki-san said, "Do you think that something you came up with just now is better than the words I, after so many hours, so many weeks, so many months and so many years, thought over?"

Nakamaru: Wow!

Yamada: He was very cool at that moment. I remembered something else. Originally he was someone working on variety shows so his scripts are already very funny. Isn't just the idea of having a team cleaning up the monster's mess very funny? It's a story he came up in a bar with someone who used to be a producer and he planned it for 5 years. Moreover, this movie is produced by Toei and Shochiku together. It's the first time in the 100 years of Toei's history that they do something like this. It is that funny so please, look forward to it.

Nakamaru: When is its premiere?

Yamada: Next year.

Nakamaru: Both movies look interesting.

Yamada: They are. Please, go and watch them. Don't you work as an actor?

Nakamaru: I don't like doing it halfheartedly. Well, it's like that with every job. Especially with stage plays; unless I know that I'm going to give it my all, I don't apply for the job.

Yamada: I think the same. Actors are amazing, don't you think? To fit in their role, they gain or lose weight and change their bodies like that. And there are some who do more than one acting job at the same time, right? I think they are really amazing.

Nakamaru: Also, you never know if it's going to turn well. It can go well or bad. It can be like, "I worked so hard and then it didn't do well..."

Yamada: Yes. That happens.

Nakamaru: That's why even though that is a tough job, I think stage plays are what make people's hearts move the most. So it's really worth doing them.

Yamada: I think the same.

Nakamaru: Next year is JUMP's 15th anniversary, isn't it? Is there something you want to tell your fans?

Yamada: What I think it's amazing about JUMP's fans is how loud they are no matter what venue we are in. They are always cheering with what is called "high-pitched cheering voices." Even though there are many of them who are getting old as we are, the pitch of their cheering hasn't changed and I think that's amazing. Don't those voices give us energy? So their voices are something that I really thought that were missing in the online concerts we had. I felt how concerts are based on those voices and how they are a very important piece I'm addicted to. Since next year is our 15th anniversary, I want to create a lively atmosphere together with the fans. That's the most important thing for me right now.

Nakamaru: Eh? JUMP hasn't had concerts with audience?

Yamada: We haven't.

Nakamaru: In KAT-TUN, we had a tour with audience, but only with applauses. They couldn't shout. It was the same at the beginning of the songs and in the MC, when they found something funny, they just clapped their hands. It was very frustrating to them. They made us see they were feeling that way.

Yamada: Ah... Is that so? Instead of cheering with their voices, they did it clapping. But the fact that the fans are doing that to keep cheering is amazing, right? They are doing everything they can.

Nakamaru: Really, we are being supported in many different ways. I realized that we create the concerts' contents based on those cheering voices.

Yamada: That's right. And also, don't we choose the songs that will make them excited? I think we relied on those voices too much. Some years ago, I went to watch KAT-TUN-san's first concert after the recharging period and I had a lot of fun.

Nakamaru: Oh! Really?

Yamada: There were many songs I had danced in the past. I danced in the guests’ seats (laugh).

Nakamaru: For real? You stand out a lot, Yamada-kun, so you shouldn't do those things!

Yamada: Not at all (laugh). At that concert nobody was looking at me.

Nakamaru: But you shine bright naturally!

Yamada: I don't shine naturally (laugh). We danced a lot for KAT-TUN-san, NEWS-san and Kanjani-san so that concert made me remember my junior era and made me very excited. You have great songs, really. I really love Harukana Yakusoku and No Matter Matter.

Nakamaru: Really? That makes me happy!

Yamada: I sang both during the concert. I really came to understand how fans feel (laugh). That's why I think it's really important to sing old songs in concerts. But of course I also think the new songs are cool and they should be performed. But the key point is that fans who have been coming to concerts since many years ago, must feel as happy as I did. That time I could watch the concert feeling the same as fans did. I really had a lot of fun.

Nakamaru: Yes, after all, our memories from when we were teens or juniors are very strong.

Yamada: Isn't it something really big that we were allowed to take part in our senpais' concerts when we were juniors? That's why the songs of our senpais are something we never forget. I think I can probably even dance them now. But even though I did take part in your tours, I don't remember to ever talking to you, Nakamaru-kun (laugh).

Nakamaru: It might have been like that. But it's not only JUMP, I barely speak to kouhais.

Yamada: Who is the kouhai you get along the best with? Some kouhai you meet on your time off.

Nakamaru: ...I can't think of any. That's how little interaction I have with them.

Yamada: Really!? Then... How about (Kikuchi) Fuma? Haven't you talked to him a lot before (Janino Channel)?

Nakamaru: Not at all. Apart from the times when we both appeared in The Shounen Club, I had barely had any interaction with him. Is there any kouhai you are friends with?

Yamada: There's anybody. I have said in many occasions that I "hate kouhais" (laugh). It's not that I hate them, but I don't know what to talk about with them. I feel more at ease talking with senpais.

Nakamaru: Ah, I know that feeling. It's the same for me.

Yamada: I probably don't like having to take care of other people. But I'm totally okay when someone takes care of me but with kouhais, we are in a position where we are the ones in charge, right? Well, with Fuma it's different. That guy takes all senpais lightly (laugh).

Nakamaru: I know what you mean (laugh). There are many people who look that way at senpais, right?

Yamada: There are (laugh). That's why I'm a bit afraid of kouhais. This made me think of something. I worry too much about what they think about me.

Nakamaru: Yes, at least we don't want them to start saying, "I don't like that senpai." To avoid that, the easiest way is to not get involved with them.

Yamada: That's right! We are similar. Probably we think the same. If a kouhai and I have similar hobbies, I'm totally fine doing them together. But now, if we go together to have some food, I wouldn't know what to talk about.

Nakamaru: I totally get it... It's the same for me. But if it's with a senpai, it's easier.

Yamada: The senpai you get along the best with is Nino (Ninomiya Kazunari)-san?

Nakamaru: I guess so.

Yamada: As expected, introverts end up with other introverts (laugh). You've got similar mindsets.

Nakamaru: Yes (laugh). Maybe it's something instinctive. Whether we get along with someone or not has nothing to be with being a Johnny, right?

Yamada: Yes. Eh? Well... There are non-famous people you get along with, don't you?

Nakamaru: Friends? Of course I do (laugh). I don't have many, but I'm not as lonely as to not have friends.

Yamada: Hahaha. I got a bit worried (laugh). Call me anytime to hang out!

Nakamaru: Thank you (laugh). No, but... Lately it's been really bad for me. I've been drawing a manga, editing videos and playing video games so I've been alone at home all the time. So I haven't been having any interaction with people (bitter smile). And after editing videos, I don't know anymore if I belong to the people who are in front of cameras or the staff behind.

Yamada: You are definitely someone who belongs in front of cameras! Or maybe you are a staff member (laugh).

Nakamaru: Hahaha! By the way, Yamada-kun, aren't you too discreet and quiet when we film for YouTube? I realized it the other day editing a video.

Yamada: I think I talk a lot in variety shows, but normally I'm not like that (bitter smile). That's more how I am privately. Talking directly with someone like this... It's been months since the last time I did it.

Nakamaru: Ahahahaha! (Laughing hard)

Yamada: I mean directly (face to face). It's been months since I've talked this much with someone.

Nakamaru: For real? (Laugh) Well, I want you to speak. I'm saying it as the person in charge of the editing the videos.

Yamada: Yes, that's how it is. Somehow, in that atmosphere, I'm more my natural me (laugh). That's why I just look at you all and think how awesome Fuma is.

Nakamaru: What is with Kikuchi? (Laugh) Doesn't that guy have an on and off switch? Is he really always like that?

Yamada: He is (laugh). He even comes to my house in our private time. Just like that. Some time ago, one time we hanged out together, he behaved like that even at 6 in the morning. He is too annoying!

Nakamaru: Really!? That's tiresome (laugh).

Yamada: I was really tired. At one point I even told him, "Just stay quiet for a moment!" (Laugh) ...In YouTube it gets difficult when you start fighting. I don't like it when you hit Fuma.

Nakamaru: I see, I felt it was like that for you. I clearly see it when I'm editing the videos. We treat you like a "princess" and then Kikuchi is like, "Look at me!" (Laugh) I thought it might be a bit difficult for you, Yamada-kun.

Yamada: It isn't. I'm looking at you thinking of how far I can go (laugh). Probably, if we were playing a video game, I would get really excited right from the beginning. I think I'd really be like I normally am playing games and if that's how it is, then I'd start speaking badly like a demon (laugh).

Nakamaru: Hahaha! I see, but that's may be good. But I don't know how many fans would continue watching us if we started streaming us playing games as maniacs (laugh). When I watched Ninomiya-kun's video about that game, I really didn't know what he was trying to do.

Yamada: It was like, "What is he talking about?" (Laugh)

Nakamaru: So it could turn out like that (a video of us playing video games) (laugh).

Yamada: That's right (laugh). But what made me think how kind are the fans are the comments in the video of Nino-san playing that game that said, "We are happy just listening to Nino-san happy voice. That's all we need."

Nakamaru: How kind of them!!

Yamada: Yes! So I think Janino Channel is surrounded by these fans so kind. So I thought of taking it easy. Maybe, some day the day when you and I will be saying words that nobody else understands on YouTube will come (laugh).

Nakamaru: It's not maybe. For sure it will come (laugh). So I'm really happy that the first guest has been you, Yamada-kun! Thank you very much!

Yamada: It's me who should say thank you. But I'm happy that you said that. Is it okay that we've been talking about whatever we wanted? I can't wait to see how this page turns out! (Laugh)

 

 Next guest is 

Inohara Yoshihiko-san.

 

 ------

 


Many thanks to @inooyamalovr and @KuronekoSohma for the scans! ♥

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous28/8/21 02:37

    Thank you lots XD
    Lyan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias por compartir la traduccion! La verdad es que viendoles hacerse mas intimo es muy lindo y Fuma es realmente UZA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous31/1/22 13:21

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete